Campaign of the Month: February 2009
A young Dalish mage in training, she is travelling to apprentice herself to a Keeper in a different clan.
PHYS ATTACK: 7
PHYS DEFENSE: 6
PHYS RESISTANCE: 8
MAGIC ATTACK: 21
MAGIC DEFENSE: 29
MAGIC RESISTANCE: 27
Weapons and Armor
2+10d6 Magical, delay 5
+5 magic points
slashing, cold, electrical, acid, fire
Make a ranged attack with a magical staff using Spell Power skill as weapon skill. The ranged attack does the same base damage as the staff, but is magical damage rather than bludgeoning.
Spend 1 Pain to regain 1 point of Magic.
1. Restore Pain: Beneficial, Cost 1+, Delay 3, the target regains a number of points of pain equal to your Spell Power. You may increase the cost to restore an additional point of pain per point of spell power.
2. Restore Health: Beneficial, Cost 1+, Delay 4, the target regains a number of points of health equal to twice your spell power. You may increase the cost to add an additional point of restoration per point of spell power.
3. Treat: Beneficial, you may make a flat medicine roll to instantly treat a wound, disease, or poison. There is no Cost or Delay for this spell because it cannot be cast in combat.
4. Invigorate: Beneficial or Personal, Cost 1+, Delay 6, Maintain 5. The target gains an amount of bonus health equal to your spell power. You may increase the cost to add an additional point of health per point of spell power.
1. Speak: You may speak with non-sentient living creatures. Cannot be cast during combat.
2. Call: Maintain 10. Calls a creature or creatures to do your bidding. Cannot be cast during combat, although some creatures may be directed to do battle. If the maintain expires, the creatures will flee the area of the caster immediately.
3. Animate: Maintain 15. Creates a Familiar out of Air, Water, Earth or Wood. Cannot be cast during combat, although the familiar will gladly do battle. If the maintain expires, the Familiar is returned instantly to inanimate matter.
4. Change: Personal, Cost 10, Delay 3, Maintain 5. Shift into the physical form of a giant spider, wolf, eagle, or pike.
Landsoul Specialization: Level 1
No maintain cost for one ongoing instance of a spell casting in the Nature tree. (Cannot lose spell via sleep, distraction, or dispel.)
1. Dispel Magic: Area, Cost 5, Delay 3: Ends all Maintained effects on the battlefield.
2. Drain Magic: Ranged, Delay 3: the target must roll Will against the caster’s Spell power or they lose a number of Magic points equal to the Mage’s Spell Power and the Mage instantly regains half that many magic points.
3. Dampen Magic: Area, Cost 5, Delay 5, Maintain 10: Increases the cost of all spells by the caster’s spell power.
4. Spirit Agony: Ranged, Delay 5: As Drain Magic, but the target also takes 1d6 damage for each point of the caster’s spell power.
Spell Mastery Specialization: Spirit Magic, Level 3
Effective Spell Power Level for Spirit Magic: 17
Arcane Lore: 10
Monster Lore: 5
Animal Lore: 5
Spell Power: 11
Magic Sense: 10
Small Knapsack (basic camping and medicinal supplies)
Naessa and her twin brother Ninnion were both born with the mage gift, and were considered a miracle gift to their clan, children who would grow up to be great Keepers and lead their clan into a bright new future.
Ninnion was the social one, the charmer, and Naessa was content to let him deal with the people around them, so she could spend her time figuring out how things worked, whether it be the clan’s landships, the latest arrow design from the clan’s fletchers, or a new plant discovered by the clan’s scouts. They were a good team, and seldom spent more than an afternoon apart.
Everything changes when a terrible accident in an allied clan forces a difficult choice. One of them must leave and join the new clan, or risk the clan dying out without the power of a Keeper to help them. Naessa choses to leave, and her cousin Ferron, a young hunter who works with the clan’s scouts, travels with her to join the new clan.
Naessa is short and pale for a dalish. Her blonde hair is usually tightly contained in braids, leaving her gray eyes clear to examine the world around her. Her cousin Ferron is taller, though still stocky, with dark brown hair and eyes. His experience hunting and exploring has enhanced a natural tendency towards stillness. He prefers waiting and watching for as long as possible before taking action, while his cousin tends to leap right in to see how everything works together.